“Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection.” (Romans 6:4,5). This was the Bible text used by Apostle Samuel Hadiwidagdo in divine service via streaming on Sunday, 3 May 2020
Our Baptism and the death of Lord Jesus
“Holy baptism plays an important role for us, not only because we become Christians but it also means that we decide to follow Christ and imitate Him.” said Apostle Samuel. With His death on the cross, it means:
- He gained the victory over sin: Although the forces of the evil one were concentrated on Him with all their might, He still obeyed His Father to the end.
- He surrender Himself so that those who believed in Him could be saved: We have surrendered ourselves to Jesus
through Holy Baptism. We serve Him by proclaiming the gospel
- He is faithfull until the end: He stood up for us even to the point of death. We ask God to help us remain faithful to our vow in all situations.
If we have died with Christ, we will also be raised with Him and walk in newness of life with Him. Holy Baptism changes us and gains new energy:
- Thanks to the grace of Jesus, we do not need to carry the burden of sin
- it is indeed possible to resist the evil one. Jesus will give me the strength to resist sin.
- We perceive the nearness of God when we do what pleases Him
“God promise to lead us through the Holy Spirit until the day of the Lord so that we can experience our resurrection.” Apostle Samuel strengthen us. “Indeed, we have no reason to break the promise we have made to Him! We want to fight, we struggle, and we pray for it.”
This post is also available in: Indonesian